If engine is the heart of a car, then control and power system are its brain and spinal cord. With regular use, control and power system may begin to dwindle from accurate values. If you know how to analyse these systems, you can save hundreds, or even thousands of dollars per year. If you will go to a service station to get your vehicle checked, they will charge at least $100 to read OBD II data of your vehicle. OBD II values are important in understanding what is wrong with a vehicle, and with a simple scanner, you can read OBD II values at home yourself and then make relatively inexpensive repairs. This way, you will save a lot of money.
About 40 years ago, manufacturers began to install OBD sensors in cars. The purpose was to let mechanics understand faults in vehicles better. Those OBD sensors were not that great in quality, but today’s modern sensors are very precise and efficient.
In this post, you will learn about the top 10 sensors that you can buy in 2016.
- INNOVA 3100 – INNOVA 3100 is one of the best-selling and top rated diagnostic scan tools, which is also known as an OBD scanner. It is not the cheapest product in the market, but for the price, you are getting top notch features. It will be the only scanner that you will ever need. It is rated 4.8/5.
- Actron CP9580A – Actron CP9580A is an enhanced OBD scanner that comes with automatic scanning technology. It is one of the most popular products in the category and has garnered positive reviews from customers. It is rated 4.9/5 by users.
- Autel MaxiScan MS309 – Autel MaxiScan MS300 is a budget friendly OBD II code reader and scanner tool. It is certainly not the best in the market, it is rated 4.4/5, but because of its cheap price, it is used by many mechanics in bay side area.
- Autel MaxiScan MS300 – Autel MaxiScan MS300 is a pocket-friendly OBD-II scanner which is designed to give you par excellent performance at a fraction of the price. It is rated 4.6/5 by users.
- Autolink AL319 – Autolink AL319 is a newer model OBD-II scanner from Autel.
- Autel MaxiScan MS310 – Autel MaxiScan MS310 is a better quality diagnostic scan tool from the brand. It is rated 4.6/5 by users.
- INNOVA 3160 – INNOVA 3160 is an expensive diagnostic scanner that comes with several additional features such as ABS and SRS feed. Due to its superior performance, it provides live data of OBD-II vehicles, because of which scanning is made easier.
- Donop Professional U480 – Donop Professional U480 is a budget friendly, 4.4 rated car diagnostic scanner, which you should only purchase if you are new to fixing cars.
- SingPad U480 – SingPad U480 is an entry level automatic OBD II scanner, which is designed to give you the best quality feed of your vehicle.
- Excelvan U480 – For cost conscious people, this diagnostic scanner is the product to go for.